We are looking for a UVic co-op student to develop Web-based prototypes for visualizing social media data. The applicant should have strong Web development and UI/UX design experience, and be familiar with the skills and tools needed for working on mid-sized development teams. Experience with information visualization (such as the D3 library) is an asset. Strong communication skills are also needed as our team collaborates with other researchers around the world.
Applicants should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Completed 2nd year in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Math, or you're an exceptional programmer in 2nd year
- Experienced programmer (minimum of B in CSC110/111 or 115/116 or equivalent)
- Knowledge of software development methods (minimum of B in SENG265 or equivalent)
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Self-starter with strong time management skills
- Likes to have fun with the people they work with
This position is for the May 2016 co-op term. Students applying should be eligible for the NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA). There are six (6) awards available to the Computer Science department. The department deadline for USRA applicants is March 7 (original transcripts needed).
- a cover letter outlining how your skills meet the job description and our minimum requirements;
- your resume;
- a copy of your transcript; and
- a link to your programming portfolio or your GitHub user name.